music insauga: The Meligrove Band
For our readers who have never heard your music in Mississauga, explain your sound in 140 characters:
Best bros with distortion pedals.
Ten years from now musically you’ll be…
In a telekinetic rock opera that only plays cat Stevens covers!
If you could go open up for any artist on tour right now who would it be?
Lady Perry or Katie Gaga (yes, spelling is correct…Google that sh**t)
So, what’s your favourite thing to do when you aren’t doing your music?
What is your Mississauga connection?
Most of us grew up here. We were the house band at our high school and we all realized we’re into the same stuff. It was a catholic school and the priest hated our guts.
What’s your favourite place in Mississauga to perform and why?
The old Masonic Lodge and Kinsmen Hall were pretty rad. We organized and played a show with “death from above” at the kinsmen hall that is still one of our favourite shows we’ve played.
Where do you draw inspiration from when creating music and what’s your favourite part about the process?
Inspiration comes from a number of sources. Could be as sublime as life and death or as mundane as walking your dog. Our favourite part of the process is writing and demoing.
Who are your favourite musicians? Why?
- Peter Cetera. Because he’s like a knight in shining armour…. From a long time ago.
- Frankie Stallone. Nuff said
- William Shatner. Because he’s a straight up visionary.
What are five things your band can’t live without?
The Pentatonic scale
Chimichangas/ chicken nuggets
What’s the coolest gig you ever did? Why?
We played the CBC atrium and Peter Mansbridge complained. I just think he’s got the coolest name so I can’t hate him. I kind of want to kiss him.
Anything you want to plug?
New album coming out November 18 and CD release party November 6th at the Horseshoe.
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
- Peel District School Board issues apology for racially insensitive content on internal webpage for staff
- Mississauga pressing to enter red-zone on March 9
- Brampton parents charged after child's luggage used to smuggle drugs into Mississauga's Pearson Airport