Multiple Mississauga Schools Under Lockdown
Multiple schools are under lockdown in Mississauga.
At noon, Peel police reported that officers were in the Winfield Terrace and Founders Walk area responding to reports of men jumping over residential fences.
As a result, a number of schools are in lockdown.
Police say the schools include Fairwind PES, St. Matthews CES, Huntington Ridge PES, St. Hillary PES, and Cooksville Creek PES.
Updates to follow.
UPDATE: Police say the hold and secures have been lifted (initial reports indicated the schools were in lockdown).
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash that claimed two lives in Mississauga
- Mandarin location in Mississauga temporarily closed for renovations
- Significant snowfall in the forecast for Mississauga this winter
- Mississauga school in hold and secure following nearby stabbing incident
- Fatal crash closes major road in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Multiple Schools Under Hold and Secure Following Reported Stabbing
- Six Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Mississauga Schools Under Hold and Secure Due to Man Possibly Armed With Gun
- Mississauga School in Lockdown After Weapon Reportedly Seen