Multiple Collisions and Dysfunctional Traffic Lights in Mississauga
Police are reporting two separate collisions and traffic light failures Saturday afternoon in Mississauga.
The first collision occurred in the area of Shelter Bay and Derry, resulting in westbound Glen Erin being blocked. According to police, there were no injuries and the roadway was to be cleared shortly.
Traffic lights were out in the area, with citizens prompted to be cautious and treat it as a four-way stop.
A second collision happened about 15 minutes later in the area of Winston Churchill and Derry. Police, who are still on scene, have reported that the lights are out at the intersection and will remain out for the next two hours.
Citizens in the area are asked to slow down while approaching the intersection and obey directions from police.
UPDATE: Lights are back on at Winston Churchill and Derry, police expect the same in surrounding area shortly.
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- What's Open and Closed Easter Weekend in Mississauga
- Large Scale Police Blitz Coming To Mississauga
- Major Intersection Closed in Mississauga Following Collision
- Mississauga Residents Part of Massive Group Lotto Win
- Traffic Lights Malfunctioning at Mississauga Intersection
- Police on Scene in Mississauga Due to Malfunctioning Traffic Lights
- Traffic Lights in Mississauga Will be Out For Several Hours Following Collision
- Traffic Lights Reportedly Out at This Intersection in Mississauga
- TRAFFIC: Lights Out at Major Mississauga Intersection Due to Crash