Movie nights returning in early March to Oakville's 5 Drive-In
Outdoor movie lovers will soon be able to load up the car and head to Oakville’s popular 5 Drive-In.
Fresh popcorn will soon be popping and refreshing sodas poured into large ice-filled cups as the popular moving-going location announced on its Facebook page that it will be opening for the 2021 season in early March.
“We will have lots of amazing content and we will sure create some more incredible memories to last a lifetime,” Wednesday’s Facebook post said.
The 5 Drive-In is asking movie lovers to keep an eye on its Facebook page over the next few weeks for “further exciting announcements.”
The popular outdoor movie facility had to officially close its doors for the 2020 season on December 24 after the province announced a new lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 5 Drive-In, owned and operated by Premier Theatre, opened in 1964 as a single-screen outdoor theatre.
Traditionally open seasonally from March through late fall, it added a second-screen back in 1980 and a third screen in 2001. The drive-in can fit up to 1,100 cars.
Photo credit: 5 Drive-In
- More Outdoor Movie Nights Are Happening in Mississauga This Summer
- Outdoor Movie Nights Are Coming to Port Credit
- More Outdoor Movie Nights Are Coming to Mississauga Very Soon
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- You Can Now Get Movie Theatre Popcorn Delivered to Your Home in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- COVID-19 mass vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- Region of Peel calls flyer asking Mississauga parents to completely isolate their COVID-positive children a “mistake”
- Mississauga residents 80 and older can now book their vaccines