More than 200,000 Canadians pre-registered for vaccine passport app
With nearly 75 per cent of adults in Ontario having received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and more than 15 per cent having been fully immunized, some are starting to think about travelling.
However, in order to facilitate international travel, many countries have been trying to find a balance between protecting traveler's information, and proving they've been vaccinated, and aren't a risk to bring the virus (and especially new variants) with them.
As a result, many Canadians have begun pre-registering with PORTPass, a mobile app designed to help protect users' data, while also providing information regarding users' vaccination records.
To date, more than 200,000 Canadians have pre-registered for the app, which allows users to control what and how much of their information they want to share with terminals and other organizations when crossing borders.
Additionally, the app is less susceptible to security breaches, as it allows users to manage their own data, as opposed to a centralized system.
Further, the app provides information regarding accessibility, guidelines, and clearances for countries around the world, and it's constantly updating to ensure the information is as accurate as possible.
- Feds teaming up with Uber to provide COVID-19 vaccination information
- At least 20 per cent of eligible Canadians fully vaccinated, data suggests
- BREAKING: Massive Uber Hack Exposed 57 Million Users' Personal Information Last Year
- Personal Information Leaked After Popular App Experiences Data Breach
- 60 per cent of Hamilton adults, 6.4 per cent of youth received COVID-19 vaccine as 2nd dose interval shortens
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- 16 flights landing with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga most since February