More changes coming to MiWay service in Mississauga
If you regularly use MiWay to make your way around Mississauga, there are some upcoming service changes that you might want to be aware of.
The City of Mississauga says that on March 2, 2020, some MiWay routes will have revised weekday schedules, a change that the city says will enhance service reliability for customers.
Service changes include:
- Route 19 Hurontario: late-night trips on Route 19 Hurontario will be extended from Britannia Road to the Highway 407 Park and Ride.
- Several local and express routes will have revised weekday schedules.
The city says these changes will provide customers with better connections to transit hubs across Mississauga.
You can see a list of the changes here.
Riders should also note that some disruptions on certain routes will persist for a few more weeks. According to MiWay, those who take the 1 Dundas East route should note that there may be major delays and potential detours due to lane reductions until July 2020. This is because of the Six Points Interchange Reconfiguration impacting Dundas Street, Kipling Avenue and Bloor Street.
1 Dundas West is also affected.
For 3 Bloor West, there may be delays and potential detours until the summer of 2020 due to the Burnhamthorpe Water Project. 3 Bloor East is also affected.
If you regularly use the 4 Sherway Gardens West route, should note that stop 0700, located at Confederation Parkway north of Queensway West, will no longer be serviced by Route 4. Use alternate stop 3198, located at Queensway West at Confederation Parkway.
If you use 4 Sherway Gardens East, note that the weekday departure time from Dundas Street at Wolfedale Road will change from 4:53 a.m. to 4:52 a.m.
There may be delays and potential detours on both routes until Sept. 2021 due to the QEW/Dixie Road bridge reconfiguration.
For a complete list of service improvements and changes, you can visit miway.ca/updates.
- MiWay changes route on Hurontario in Mississauga due to LRT construction
- Some Changes are Coming to Major MiWay Routes Soon
- MiWay to Make Some Service Changes in Mississauga
- MiWay to resume some bus routes, implement service changes in Mississauga
- MiWay making changes to bus routes this month, cancelling some routes in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Brampton school sends 18 staff members home over COVID-19 scare
- Some elderly Brampton and Mississauga residents can get COVID-19 vaccines much sooner than expected
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines
- Mississauga and Brampton schools get hit by the COVID-19 variants