More Canadians lost weight than gained weight during pandemic: survey
Most people have seen their weight fluctuate due to the pandemic, but have you found you've lost weight, or gained weight?
A recent survey of nearly 20,000 people from 140 countries from RunRepeat found 35.82 per cent of respondents gained weight since the onset of the pandemic.
Additionally, of those who gained some weight, the vast majority--71.25 per cent--gained more than five pounds.
When it comes to results based on countries--the U.S. had the highest number of respondents who gained weight: 40.54 per cent admitted to doing so.
Among Canadians surveyed, 30.48 per cent had put on a few pounds--21.94 per cent of whom said they gained more than five pounds.
However, while some Canadians have gained weight during the pandemic, even more have lost weight.
According to the findings, 36.01 per cent of Canadians managed to lose weight during the pandemic, second only to the U.K.--40.54 per cent of respondents who hail from the U.K. lost weight over the last few months.
Moreover, Canada and the U.K. are the only two countries where more people lost weight than those who gained weight.
When looking at the results based on gender, more women gained weight than men--39.72 per cent compared to 34.79 per cent. As well, more men lost weight--33.94 per cent--compared to women--28.23 per cent.
- Statistics Canada says country gained 419,000 jobs in July
- 20 per cent of Canadians believe life-long financial goal has become unattainable
- 36 per cent of Canadians went over budget this past holiday season: survey
- Canadians spending more time in bed during pandemic: survey
- Pandemic helped many Canadians find new appreciation for their job: survey
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Here’s what Mississauga residents can and cannot do under grey lockdown restrictions
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton to enter the grey/lockdown zone of the province’s COVID-19 framework
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Four areas in Mississauga with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario