More Canadians lost weight than gained weight during pandemic: survey
Most people have seen their weight fluctuate due to the pandemic, but have you found you've lost weight, or gained weight?
A recent survey of nearly 20,000 people from 140 countries from RunRepeat found 35.82 per cent of respondents gained weight since the onset of the pandemic.
Additionally, of those who gained some weight, the vast majority--71.25 per cent--gained more than five pounds.
When it comes to results based on countries--the U.S. had the highest number of respondents who gained weight: 40.54 per cent admitted to doing so.
Among Canadians surveyed, 30.48 per cent had put on a few pounds--21.94 per cent of whom said they gained more than five pounds.
However, while some Canadians have gained weight during the pandemic, even more have lost weight.
According to the findings, 36.01 per cent of Canadians managed to lose weight during the pandemic, second only to the U.K.--40.54 per cent of respondents who hail from the U.K. lost weight over the last few months.
Moreover, Canada and the U.K. are the only two countries where more people lost weight than those who gained weight.
When looking at the results based on gender, more women gained weight than men--39.72 per cent compared to 34.79 per cent. As well, more men lost weight--33.94 per cent--compared to women--28.23 per cent.
- 59 per cent of Canadians more motivated at work now than before pandemic: poll
- More than 70 per cent of jobs lost due to pandemic in foodservice industry: report
- Statistics Canada says country gained 419,000 jobs in July
- 27 per cent of Canadians believe the pandemic has stalled their career’s trajectory: report
- Canadians want vaccination rates to exceed 70 per cent of population before returning to ‘normal’
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- Brampton reveals photo radar locations
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Doner kebab chain opens Mississauga location