MiWay Service Free in Mississauga on New Year's Eve
Although it's not quite Christmas yet, you're probably already making New Year's Eve plans and, thankfully for you, you won't have to drive on one of the biggest party nights of the year if you intend to stay in town.
According to the city, MiWay is offering free rides on the evening of Dec. 31. If you're looking to travel within the city, you can ride for free between 7:00 p.m. on Dec. 31 and 4:00 a.m. on January 1.
"With MiWay's free rides on New Year's Eve you always have a safe ride home," said Patrick Phaneuf, Acting Transit Director. "Safety on Mississauga's roads on this festive evening is our priority and these free rides will support safer roads in our City."
If you plan on staying out later, note that MiWay's service hours will be extended on routes that depart from local malls, GO stations and the Islington Subway Station.
You can find more here.
An additional bonus? You don't have to worry about parking.
Stay safe on NYE and don't drink and drive!
- BREAKING: Social gathering limits to be lowered in Mississauga in response to spike in COVID-19 cases
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 17
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 17
- Mississauga schools in hold and secure due to suspicious activity: Police