MiWay Service Free in Mississauga on New Year's Eve
Although it's not quite Christmas yet, you're probably already making New Year's Eve plans and, thankfully for you, you won't have to drive on one of the biggest party nights of the year if you intend to stay in town.
According to the city, MiWay is offering free rides on the evening of Dec. 31. If you're looking to travel within the city, you can ride for free between 7:00 p.m. on Dec. 31 and 4:00 a.m. on January 1.
"With MiWay's free rides on New Year's Eve you always have a safe ride home," said Patrick Phaneuf, Acting Transit Director. "Safety on Mississauga's roads on this festive evening is our priority and these free rides will support safer roads in our City."
If you plan on staying out later, note that MiWay's service hours will be extended on routes that depart from local malls, GO stations and the Islington Subway Station.
You can find more here.
An additional bonus? You don't have to worry about parking.
Stay safe on NYE and don't drink and drive!
- Numerous Flights Cancelled Following Fire at Pearson Airport
- An Unexpected Shop is Opening Soon in Square One in Mississauga
- Part of Pearson Airport Evacuated Due to Fire
- Multiple Traffic Lights in Mississauga are Out
- Over 3,000 Homes and Businesses Without Power in Mississauga Following Power Outage