MiWay service coming soon to new bus terminal at Kipling GO
For Mississauga residents who regularly use transit to get around, these MiWay changes may make your future trips a lot more convenient.
Metrolinx has announced that starting January 4, MiWay will be up and running at the Kipling GO bus terminal in Etobicoke — and with the new bus terminal now complete, all MiWay buses previously travelling to Islington Station will be relocated to Kipling.
“The new bus terminal improves connections for commuters with access to local and express MiWay routes that have been relocated from Islington Station,” said Metrolinx.
“Opening the bus terminal is part of transforming Kipling GO Station into a transit hub that enables seamless transit connections to GO rail and future GO bus service, MiWay bus and TTC subway and bus all in one convenient location.”
GO bus service will begin later in 2021.
Getting to and from the Kipling GO train to the bus terminal will also be easier due to the new elevated pedestrian bridge that goes over the tracks and connects to the train platform.
Other features at the new terminal include restrooms, open bike parking, secure bike lockers, an indoor waiting area with seating, and digital screens with bus and train schedule information. The sidewalks and bus loop are also equipped with a snow melting system and the exterior waiting areas are covered to help protect against the elements.
Metrolinx says its next focus is to complete finishing touches on the bus terminal, prepare for GO bus service in 2021, and work on other improvements planned at the hub.
The most recent construction updates on Kipling GO are available to read here.
Photos courtesy of Metrolinx
- Here’s when MiWay will be connecting Mississauga residents to the new Kipling Bus Terminal in Toronto
- Major Changes Ahead for MiWay in Mississauga
- Construction Coming to Square One Transit Terminal
- Huge changes coming to major transit terminal in Mississauga
- The New Stop Locations at the City Centre Transit Terminal
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Health Canada issues major recalls for products at Costco and various stores
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- COVID defiant gym stays open as Mississauga appears powerless
- ICU pressures mount as COVID fells younger people; Ottawa mulls India travel ban