MiWay launches new route for transit users in Mississauga
If you regularly use transit to get around Mississauga, you might be happy to hear that MiWay is introducing a new route.
Starting Monday, May 10, MiWay will increase capacity on the busiest sections of Derry Road with a new Route 42A-Derry.
According to the city, Route 42A-Derry will travel westbound between Westwood Square Transit Terminal and Mavis Road on weekdays between 5:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
The city said this will add to the current Route 42-Derry service between Westwood Square Transit Terminal and Meadowvale Town Centre.
According to the city, riders at stops between Westwood Square Transit Terminal and Mavis Road will be provided with five-minute service frequencies using Route 42 and the new Route 42A. Riders at stops between Mavis Road and Meadowvale Town Centre Transit Terminal will be provided with 10-minute service frequencies using Route 42.
There are no changes to weekend schedules on Route 42-Derry.
Commuters are encouraged to use PRESTO as a contactless way to pay. Riders should also note that wearing a face-covering is still required when riding MiWay and inside transit terminal buildings.
For more information, click here.
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- VIDEO: Geese causing major traffic jam at intersection in Brampton by Costco
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday’s $9.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot