Mississauga's Straw Bale House On Sale For $2.7 Million
The Straw Bale House has a special place in the housing industry. It is currently on the market for people who might want to buy the home for themselves.
The award-winning home is currently on sale for $2.7 million.
The home was built from straw bale encased in plaster, which is why it is called The Straw Bale House. The house was chosen for the Award of Merit due to its low toxicity and high insulation value.
Due to the original owners’ allergies and environmental sensitivities, they chose to build this 5,000 square feet home from non-toxic material. It is designed with a post and beam construction. The foundation of the house is built from Durasol, a composite of wood and concrete. The exterior walls on the first floor are made with stucco applied to the inside and outside.
The home has served as a social model for a co-housing unit. The home has three semi-private suites and a common area. It was originally designed for a shared living space among three women. The three woman are Cheryl Bradbee, Grace Terrett and Elisabeth Northrup.
The design of the landscape is focused on creating a healthy and diverse ecosystem to encourage wildlife in their use of the site.
Many community volunteers also helped to erect the house, which has made this home a local effort to build.
The Straw Bale House is located on 977 Meadow Wood Road.
Photo courtesy of the Open iPub
- Halton House of the Month: $3.5 Mil Custom Home With Yoga Room
- Suspicious package sent to Ford’s house; wife was home but is safe
- Dozens of Residents Finally Going Home After the Mississauga House Explosion
- Mississauga House Sparks Unbelievable Bidding War
- Three Men Arrested After Breaking Into a Home When Someone Was Home
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $5.9 mil contemporary stunner in Cooksville
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- House of the Week: $2 mil home with gorgeous, upgraded interior