Mississauga's First Ever Massive Holiday Street Market is Happening This Weekend
Holiday revelers rejoice—Mississauga's first ever Holiday Street Market is happening this Saturday starting at noon.
This year, for the first time ever, Mississauga is launching a pop-up Holiday Street Market. The event, which will be presented by insauga.com, is a joint venture between the city and Philip Suos, the founder and festival director of the Junk Food Festival and Toronto’s Mac and Cheese Festival.
This will be the city’s biggest holiday market ever and there will be a ton of activities for attendees to enjoy. Also, the market—set to take shape on Nov. 19 at Celebration Square—will happily coincide with the Square’s annual Light Up the Square tree lighting event.
In terms of activities, artisan vendors from all over Canada will be on hand selling one-of-a-kind goods and treats. There will also be food trucks, free carousel rides, a marshmallow firepit, a warm-up lounge, NES Classic Edition game competitions (for all the proud vintage gamers out there!), gingerbread decorating and more. You’ll also get the opportunity to check out some of Santa’s reindeer (real ones!).
Insauga.com's Khaled Iwamura and Jackie Perez will be on hand to host the festivities throughout the day (and they'll be giving out a ton of swag) and they'll be accompanied by DJ DVS, DJ KI-Motion and DJ FLOZ.
If you're coming out for food (and we know a lot of you are), food trucks you can visit include:
- Bacon Nation
- Beaver Tails
- Born to Eat Delicious Empanadas
- Dirty South
- Eva’s Original
- Chimneys Heirloom Toronto
- I Love Churros
- Ish & Chips
- Jerk Brothers
- Licensed 2 Gril Mustache Burger
- The Dimkin’s Crepes
- The Ultimate Concession
- The Wheeling Gourmet (Top Dog)
Some of the smaller vendors will also be selling treats.
While the market will be an exciting all day event, a lot of people will be just as pumped about Celebration Square’s annual tree lighting.
Light up the Square is always a jam-packed event full of food trucks and family-friendly activities and this year will be no different. If you love to skate, Saturday might be your first opportunity to enjoy the Square’s outdoor rink (weather permitting, of course). Attendees can also enjoy a sing along with Canadian artist Stella Rio, who will be on hand to entertain with a mix of Christmas classics and new music.
Residents can also take photos with Santa, write letters to Santa and indulge in crafts and face painting. There will also be roaming entertainers, an elves agility course and more.
Here’s how the evening will play out once the skate party kicks off:
5:00pm - Skate Party with DJ Adverb
6:00pm - Culture Dance Pak
6:15pm - Stella Rio
6:45pm - The official Lighting of the Christmas Tree with Mayor Crombie, Members of Council and Santa
7:00pm - The Fritz of Art
7:25pm - Skate Party with DJ Adverb
The Light up the Square event will be hosted by Liem Vu from Global News.
The Holiday Street Market will kick off at noon and wrap up at 11:00 p.m.
Light Up the Square will run from 5:00 p.m to 9:00 p.m.
Admission is totally free and there will be ample complimentary parking all around the Square.
We hope to see you all there!
- PHOTOS: Holiday Street Market & Light Up the Square at Celebration Square
- Massive Holiday Street Market Coming to Mississauga
- Major Holiday Market Returning to Mississauga This Month
- Here’s what’s happening at Mississauga’s biggest Christmas kick-off party at Celebration Square
- Here’s What’s Happening at Mississauga’s Biggest Holiday Celebration This Weekend
- UPDATED: Pair of bears on the loose in Mississauga
- McDonald’s showing appreciation for Canadian teachers
- Leave it to beavers for posing as bears
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 538 new cases, 101 of those in Peel
- Based on current numbers, Mayor Bonnie Crombie doesn’t believe Mississauga experiencing second wave