Mississauga's Biggest Outdoor Ice Rink Opens Today
‘Tis the season for ice skating!
Passionate ice skaters in Mississauga should be happy to know that the city’s largest outdoor ice rink, located at Celebration Square, is officially open for the season today.
The rink will remain open throughout the winter months until it closes again on March 18, 2018. Public skate hours are from 10 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
If you’re looking for even more fun, the city is hosting its “Light Up the Square” event tonight from 5 to 9 p.m. Described as a final celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday, the event kicks off the holiday season with a number of activies including: The official lighting of the Christmas tree, live music and entertainment, marshmallow roasting, and of course, skating on the rink.
Residents can also stop by the Holiday Street Market to grab some food or browse through a collection of fun holiday-themed items.
Lace up those skates and enjoy the season, Mississauga!
- Skating rink at Celebration Square opens today in Mississauga
- Here’s when the Celebration Square skating rink will open in Mississauga
- Mississauga's Celebration Square Rink Closes
- Here’s what you need to know before skating at celebration square in Mississauga
- Mississauga man launches petition to save outdoor skating rink
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Province issues two new emergency orders to combat rise in hospitalizations in Mississauga and Brampton
- PHOTOS: What the old Tim Hortons building in Mississauga look like now
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Roads closed off after fatal crash in Brampton
- 'No longer considered peaceful': Arrests made following protest in Mississauga and Brampton