Mississauga's Biggest Outdoor Ice Rink Opens Today
‘Tis the season for ice skating!
Passionate ice skaters in Mississauga should be happy to know that the city’s largest outdoor ice rink, located at Celebration Square, is officially open for the season today.
The rink will remain open throughout the winter months until it closes again on March 18, 2018. Public skate hours are from 10 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
If you’re looking for even more fun, the city is hosting its “Light Up the Square” event tonight from 5 to 9 p.m. Described as a final celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday, the event kicks off the holiday season with a number of activies including: The official lighting of the Christmas tree, live music and entertainment, marshmallow roasting, and of course, skating on the rink.
Residents can also stop by the Holiday Street Market to grab some food or browse through a collection of fun holiday-themed items.
Lace up those skates and enjoy the season, Mississauga!
- One arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter in Mississauga
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Super cute pastry café now open at Square One in Mississauga