Mississauga Woman Killed in Hit-and-Run
A 61-year-old Mississauga woman is dead following a hit-and-run in the city’s north end and Peel police are looking for tips and a small white car.
The incident took place on Feb. 15 at 8:40 p.m.
That’s when the victim was crossing Mavis Rd. near Knotty Pine Grove, close to the Brampton border.
She was struck by a southbound vehicle while crossing into the southbound lane of Mavis, say police.
The vehicle didn’t remain at the scene.
The victim suffered major injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her identity is being withheld until her family is notified.
Witnesses identified the suspect vehicle as a small white compact car.
There will be damage to the front windshield, say police.
Investigators are asking the public to be alert for a small white vehicle in their neighbourhood with fresh windshield damage.
Witnesses who may have witnessed the collision, have dashboard video footage of the incident or who may have information regarding the actions of the pedestrian and /or driver prior to the collision are being asked to contact police.
Investigators are appealing to the driver to turn him or herself in.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the major collision bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word ‘PEEL’ and then your tip.
- 5 Treats You Should and Shouldn’t be Giving Out This Halloween
- Two Overnight Shootings in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Prices for one and two-bedroom apartments falling slightly in Mississauga
- Paramedics attending highway collision in Mississauga
- Police Identify Victim Fatally Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Seek Witnesses After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Police Identify Victim of Fatal Collision in Misissauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Pedestrian Seriously Injured in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Woman Struck and Killed in Mississauga