Mississauga Under Severe Weather Watch
Mississauga residents beware - a severe weather watch is in effect for our city!
“Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts and heavy rain,” said Environment Canada.
According to Environment Canada, thunderstorms are expected to develop near Lake Huron and Georgian Bay and move southeastwards. The thunderstorms will have potential to produce severe weather, such as large hail, damaging winds, and torrential rainfall.
“Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Intense lightning is likely with any thunderstorm that develops,” said Environment Canada.
The watch is in effect for Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills, Milton, Mississauga, and Brampton.
Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Child dies in Brampton, cause not yet determined
- Canada may find it challenging to reach herd immunity from COVID-19, experts say
- Can we start seeing weddings with buffets as early as fall in Mississauga and Brampton?
- Juveniles from Mississauga and Brampton charged after knives and screwdrivers used to rob stores