Mississauga traffic stop leads to seizure of loaded pistol and drugs
Officers from 12 Division have charged two men with drugs and firearms-related offences in Mississauga.
On Monday, July 6, 2020, at approximately 5:14 p.m., uniform officers conducted a traffic stop in the area of Whittle Road and Britannia Road East in Mississauga.
The occupants were investigated for a Cannabis Act offence, according to police.
During their investigation, police say that officers located a loaded Glock pistol and a small quantity of drugs was found in the vehicle.
Zachary Byfield, a 21-year-old from Brampton, was charged with firearms-related charges including Unauthorized Possession of Firearm, Carrying a concealed weapon, Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm, Careless Storage of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition and Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was Firearm.
Byfield was held for a bail hearing and will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice.
Ta'Jaee Thompson, a 23-year-old passenger in the vehicle from Brampton, was arrested and charged with Obstruct a Peace Officer.
He was released on an Undertaking with a court date in September of 2020.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905)453-2121 ext. 1233.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Police seize loaded pistol and drugs in Mississauga traffic stop
- 2 Charged After Mississauga Traffic Stop Leads to Gun, Drugs
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Traffic stop leads to firearm, drug charges against Mississauga man
- Three People Charged After Firearm Located During Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant