Mississauga tennis star Bianca Andreescu tests positive for COVID-19, drops out of Madrid Open
Some sad news for tennis fans who wanted to see Bianca Andreescu play in the Madrid Open this week.
The tennis star from Mississauga says she tested positive for COVID-19 upon arriving in Madrid, Spain, even after testing negative twice before the flight.
She has withdrawn from the Madrid Open as a result.
Andreescu said she’s feeling good, resting and following health protocols.
“I look forward to getting back on the court soon,” she said.
Madrid Open 2021 is set to begin this Thursday, April 29, and run until May 8.
- BREAKING: Mississauga Tennis Star Bianca Andreescu Becomes First Canadian to Win US Open Women's Singles
- Mississauga tennis star Bianca Andreescu will not be competing at the US Open
- Mississauga tennis star Bianca Andreescu is Canada's athlete of the year
- Here's When Missisauga's Bianca Andreescu Will Be Playing Tonight's U.S. Open Match
- Mississauga tennis player Bianca Andreescu becomes highest-ranked Canadian ever on WTA rankings
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- No criminal circumstances in death of Brampton child, say police
- Popular Korean-style hotdogs joint coming to Mississauga