Mississauga Schools Receiving $3 Million in Upgrades
Earlier this week, we reported that four lucky Mississauga schools would be receiving fairly substantial facelifts courtesy of the province.
Now, we know exactly how much each selected school will be receiving.
The Ontario government recently announced that the province is investing more than $255 million to build new schools and renovate some existing ones across Ontario.
The total of 38 projects will include the creation of 10 new schools and 28 renovations. The province is also working to create a combined total of 460 new licensed child care spaces for young children.
As far as Mississauga goes, four Dufferin-Peel Catholic School Board schools will be renovated and the schools set to receive a little TLC include St. Bernadette Elementary School, St. Gregory Elementary School, St. Herbert Elementary School and St. Valentine Elementary School.
According to the province, the Ministry is providing $3 million in total to support the four projects for the school board.
- St. Valentine Elementary School will receive $1.34 million for renovations
- St. Bernadette will receive $945,000 for renovations
- St. Gregory Elementary School will receive $560,000 for renovations
- St. Herbert Elementary School will receive $190,000
Since 2011, Peel DSB and Dufferin-Catholic DSB have received capital funding totalling $981M. This particular funding supports the construction of 28 projects, including 22 new schools.
According to the province, these projects are part of the largest infrastructure investment in schools, hospitals, public transit, roads and bridges in Ontario’s history.
"By building the best possible learning environments for our students, we are laying the groundwork for their future success," said Mitzie Hunter, Minister of Education, in a statement. "These new and renovated schools will support the well-being and achievement of students across the province for years to come."
We will keep you updated on the types of renovations the schools will be receiving as more details emerge.
- Multiple Lanes Blocked on 401 Following Collision in Mississauga
- Road Closures Due To Serious Collision In Mississauga
- Police Investigating Reports Of A Suspicious Man With A Gun In Mississauga
- Rental Rates are Climbing Higher in Mississauga: Report
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Driver Charged After Travelling the Wrong Way on QEW in Mississauga