Mississauga Resident Helps with Arrest After Robbery
A man has been arrested following a knifepoint robbery in Mississauga.
On Thursday, Feb. 9 at approximately 8:15 p.m., the accused brandished a knife at a lone employee at a convenience store in the Lakeshore Road and Lakefront Promenade area. He demanded money and made off with an undisclosed amount.
After the robbery, a concerned citizen chased the suspect and attempted to restrain him while waiting for police to arrive on scene. The accused did manage to escape, but was located and arrested a short distance away.
The resident who attempted to stop the suspect sustained minor injuries during the altercation.
Adam Crestani, a 33 year-old Mississauga man, has been charged with one count of robbery and one count of assault. Crestani was held pending a bail hearing on February 10.
Police are advising people to please dial 9-1-1 if they witness a crime being committed.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Central Robbery Bureau at (905)453-2121 ext. 3410. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Police Seek Public Assistance Identifying Robbery Suspect
- Police Hunting for Robbery Suspect Who Has Hit Brampton and Mississauga
- Man Arrested in Connection with Bank Robbery in Mississauga
- Suspect arrested in violent jewelry store robbery in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Mississauga Bank Robbery Suspect
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Costco scam targeting residents in Mississauga and Brampton
- 32-hour all night marathon vaccination event coming to Mississauga with special guests
- Brampton gets new COVID vaccination site run by William Osler