Mississauga Resident Helps with Arrest After Robbery
A man has been arrested following a knifepoint robbery in Mississauga.
On Thursday, Feb. 9 at approximately 8:15 p.m., the accused brandished a knife at a lone employee at a convenience store in the Lakeshore Road and Lakefront Promenade area. He demanded money and made off with an undisclosed amount.
After the robbery, a concerned citizen chased the suspect and attempted to restrain him while waiting for police to arrive on scene. The accused did manage to escape, but was located and arrested a short distance away.
The resident who attempted to stop the suspect sustained minor injuries during the altercation.
Adam Crestani, a 33 year-old Mississauga man, has been charged with one count of robbery and one count of assault. Crestani was held pending a bail hearing on February 10.
Police are advising people to please dial 9-1-1 if they witness a crime being committed.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Central Robbery Bureau at (905)453-2121 ext. 3410. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- Male Arrested for Setting Playground on Fire in Mississauga
- Kale Salad Product Recalled in Mississauga Due to Possible Contamination
- BREAKING UPDATE: Alleged Killer of 11-Year-Old Girl in Hospital with Gunshot Wound
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Mississauga