Mississauga Resident Finally Cashes in Huge Lotto Win
How incredible would it be to learn you're sitting on a massive windfall?
A Mississauga woman is living that dream right now.
OLG recently announced that, after a busy summer, Margaret Cato finally made time to claim a $100,000 prize with ENCORE (June 23, 2017 LOTTO MAX draw).
“I actually discovered my winning ticket on Canada Day - but my summer has been so busy. This is the first opportunity I’ve had to come and claim my prize,” Cato told OLG at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto.
With her cheque now in her hands, Cato plans to "share the love and relax."
“Family is everything to me. I want to spoil the people I love with a trip to the Caribbean. Then I will pay off my bills and relax.”
Cato also has a little something in store for her local lottery retailer.
“I always joked with my regular retailer that when I won, I would be back to celebrate and treat him and his wife to a little something. I plan to do just that!”
ENCORE can be played in conjunction with most online lottery games for an extra $1. There is an ENCORE draw every day.
The winning ticket was purchased at Deer Run Market on Creditview Road in Mississauga.
- Two people dead following single-car crash in Mississauga
- Trudeau pushes back against travel restrictions as Mississauga's Pearson Airport continues to see COVID-19 cases
- One postal code in Mississauga has a startling 21% COVID-19 positivity rate
- MAYORS CHAT: Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown chats COVID-19, vaccines and the India flight ban – May 7, 2021
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges