Mississauga resident among group of 12 who won $15-million lottery grand prize
A group of coworkers from the GTA are celebrating a $15-million lottery win.
Rocco Coluccio of Brampton, Damion Nugent of Brampton, Mandeep Badwal of Brampton, Anupe Chatani of Etobicoke, David Pass of Mississauga, Eugene Horochowskyj of Toronto, Hossein Hosseinzadeh Arbani of Toronto, Lakhvir Singh of Etobicoke, Preston Tolkacz of Toronto, Robert Weiler of Toronto, William Mackenzie of Scarborough, and Albert Osdautaj of Stoney Creek will be splitting the Lotto Max jackpot from Tuesday, May 19.
“We’ve been playing the lottery as a group for five years,” Coluccio said in a news release. "One of the group members called me on my way into work and said, 'We won! We won!' I drove straight to the gas station to confirm."
According to Coluccio, no one believed him when he told them they had won at work. Upon learning of the result, six of the 12 chose to retire on the spot.
OLG is now accepting in-person prize claims by appointment only for customers with prizes of $1,000 or more who wish to claim at the OLG Prize Centre.
To best protect customers and staff, OLG has put in place appropriate health and safety protocols in accordance with guidelines from public health officials, which include physical distancing measures, the mandatory use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and the pre-screening of visitors before granting entry.
The winning ticket was purchased at a Petro Canada on Queen Street in Bolton.
- $70 Million Lotto Max Jackpot Ticket Sold in Ontario
- Mississauga man among group celebrating big lottery win
- Group Including Mississauga Woman Wins Massive Lottery Prize
- Big lottery prize has Brampton resident not believing her eyes
- A $1 million prize went to a lottery player in Ontario but no jackpot winner
- What's open at Square One mall in Mississauga
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario
- Motorcyclist dead following late-night crash in Brampton
- Sketch of suspect in Burlington assault released by Halton police
- Police arrest man who shot up and robbed a Milton Pizza Nova location