Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Unlabeled Ingredients and Other Products
Although most foods and products are safe, some edibles and items slip through the cracks and when they do, it's good to be aware so you can fix or avoid them.
Here's a list of products with recall notices.
Casual Living Worldwide brand Outdoor Swivel Patio Chairs
These patio chairs have a base that may break during normal use, posing a fall hazard to the user. So far, the company has received 34 reports of the chairs breaking in Canada. Consumers are advised to contact Casual Living Worldwide for a free repair kit.
Sony Battery Packs in VAIO Personal Computers
This recall involves the Panasonic lithium-ion battery packs (model number VGP-BPS26) which come included in certain VAIO personal computers. The battery pack may overheat, posing a potential burn or fire hazard. Consumers are encouraged to contact Sony to see if their computer/battery is affected and obtain a free replacement pack.
Raincoast Alternatives brand Saicos Wood Oil products
Health Canada's inspection program has found that the recalled products do not have proper hazard labelling, which may lead to misuse and a potential fire hazard. Consumers should stop using the products and contact Raincoast Alternatives to obtain a compliant label.
Garden Choice brand Cheese
Several cheese products from Garden Choice have been recalled as they contain wheat ingredients which are not declared on the label. Those with wheat allergies are advised not to eat the recalled products and return them to the store they were purchased from.
E&B brand Ginger Powder
The recalled product contains gluten which is not declared as an ingredient on the label. Consumers with allergies should return the product to the store it was purchased from.
For more information on these and all current recalls, click here.
- Multi-Vehicle Crash Reported at Major Mississauga Intersection
- Here's What You Need to Know About Panhandling in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Report of Man with Hammer in Mississauga
- Paramedics Called for Assault in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Male Arrested for Sexual Assaults in Mississauga and Brampton
- Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Food Products and Children's Toys
- Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Food and Household Products
- Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Several Household Products
- Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Herbal Cream and Food Products
- Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Food, Cleaning Products and More