Mississauga Principal Facing Fraud Charges
A Toronto man will appear in court following alleged misappropriated funds.
According to Peel Police, investigators from the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau have arrested a Toronto man in relation to alleged misappropriated funds.
In June 2018, auditors from the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board made Peel Regional Police aware of discrepancies in cash handling procedures at an elementary school in Mississauga, police say.
According to police, over $30,000 of school funds were not accounted for.
An investigation was conducted and yesterday, Oct. 17, David Clifford a 53-year-old man from Toronto, was charged with fraud over $5,000, police say.
He will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on a future date, police say.
Anyone with more information is asked to contact investigators at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1133.
Information can also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Woman Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Highway Closed After Shooting Leaves One Dead in Mississauga
- Man Arrested at Pearson Airport in Connection with Long-Standing Fraud
- Roads Closed Following a Mississauga Collision Involving a Pedestrian