PHOTOS & VIDEO: There's a Mississauga park in Japan with a replica city hall
Everyone knows about Kariya Park in Mississauga’s City Centre core, but did you know there’s a Mississauga Park in Kariya, Japan?
Kariya Park was officially opened in 1992 in Mississauga, honouring the eleventh anniversary of our twin-city relationship with Kariya City in Japan.
Kariya, Japan is a busy city of 145,000 people, located fifteen kilometres southwest of Nagoya, between Kyoto and Tokyo. Since 1981 Mississauga and Kariya have enjoyed a sister-city relationship, exchanging friendship and cultural delegations.
Many people don’t know that in Kariya City in Japan there is a Mississauga Park that commemorates the twin-city relationship with us. This Mississauga Park has a small version of the Mississauga City Hall as the centre piece that you can actually see the time on the clock tower.
We got these shots sent to us from our friend in Kariya City Japan and they say the park looks the most beautiful now (spring time) as the flowers are in full bloom.
- Mississauga celebrates 40 years of friendship with twin city Kariya, Japan
- Mississauga live-streaming its cherry blossom trees, keeping Kariya Park open for now
- Here’s how you can enjoy the Kariya Park cherry blossoms in Mississauga while practising physical distancing
- Will the Kariya Park Cherry Blossom Come Out This Year?
- Kariya Park Cherry Blossoms Could Start Blooming This Weekend in Mississauga
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising