Mississauga Park in Japan
Many people know about Kariya Park that lies calmly in Mississauga’s City Centre core.
Kariya park was officially opened in 1992 in Mississauga, honouring the eleventh anniversary of our twin-city relationship with Kariya City in Japan.
Kariya, Japan is a busy city of 145,000 people, located fifteen kilometres southwest of Nagoya, between Kyoto and Tokyo. Since 1981 Mississauga and Kariya have enjoyed a sister-city relationship, exchanging friendship and cultural delegations.
Many people don’t know that in Kariya City in Japan there is a Mississauga Park that commemorates the twin-city relationship with us. This Mississauga Park has a small version of the Mississauga City Hall as the centre piece that you can actually see the time on the clock tower.
We got these shots sent to us from our friend in Kariya City Japan and they say the park looks the most beautiful now (spring time) as the flowers are in full bloom.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Woman dead after being found in body of water in Mississauga
- $25,000 reward offered for conviction of armed robbery suspects in Peel
- 67 charges laid in massive firearm-related investigation in Mississauga
- Will the Kariya Park Cherry Blossom Come Out This Year?
- Kariya Park Cherry Blossoms Could Start Blooming This Weekend in Mississauga
- City of Mississauga Asking Residents to Weigh in on Future of Massive Park
- City of Mississauga Moves Forward on Controversial 'Central Park' Project
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Mississauga