Mississauga Man Dies of Injuries From Oakville Crash
A 57-year-old Mississauga man has died in hospital following a crash in Oakville.
His name isn't being released at the request of his family, say Halton police.
The incident took place on Aug. 15 along Burnhamthorpe Rd. E. between Ninth Line and Trafalgar Rd.
Two vehicles collided just after 7:30 a.m. when an eastbound van crossed over the centre line and struck another van travelling west.
The driver of the westbound van, a 57-year-old Mississauga man, was airlifted to a Toronto trauma hospital where he was listed in critical condition.
The driver of the eastbound vehicle, a 30-year-old Oakville man, received minor injuries and was treated at the scene by paramedics.
The scene was closed for four hours as the collision reconstruction unit (CRU) investigated.
Witnesses are asked to phone the CRU at 905-825-4747 ext. 5065 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Mississauga advising residents to exercise caution with ridesharing services
- Here's what you need to know about the new regulations for airlines
- Police looking for armed suspects following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man in Trauma Unit After Oakville Crash
- Mississauga Man in Hospital After Oakville Crash
- Halton Police Investigating Serious Collision Involving Mississauga Man In Oakville
- School Bus Crash Sends Mississauga Woman to Hospital
- Mississauga Woman in Critical Condition Following Motorcycle Crash in Halton Hills