Mississauga Man Dies of Injuries From Oakville Crash
A 57-year-old Mississauga man has died in hospital following a crash in Oakville.
His name isn't being released at the request of his family, say Halton police.
The incident took place on Aug. 15 along Burnhamthorpe Rd. E. between Ninth Line and Trafalgar Rd.
Two vehicles collided just after 7:30 a.m. when an eastbound van crossed over the centre line and struck another van travelling west.
The driver of the westbound van, a 57-year-old Mississauga man, was airlifted to a Toronto trauma hospital where he was listed in critical condition.
The driver of the eastbound vehicle, a 30-year-old Oakville man, received minor injuries and was treated at the scene by paramedics.
The scene was closed for four hours as the collision reconstruction unit (CRU) investigated.
Witnesses are asked to phone the CRU at 905-825-4747 ext. 5065 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- 5 of the Biggest Condo Developments Coming to Mississauga
- Mississauga Named Third Most Expensive City in Canada
- Premium Lattes and Espressos from Tim Hortons are Coming to Mississauga
- Police Find Two Dead Bodies in Mississauga Residence
- Seafood City Set to Open First Canadian Location in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man in Trauma Unit After Oakville Crash
- Victims ID'd in Horrific Crash on Mississauga-Oakville Border
- Mississauga Man Charged in Milton Crash Which Sent Teen to Trauma Centre
- VIDEO: Aftermath of QEW Crash that Critically Injured 12-Year-Old Boy
- Witnesses Sought after Skateboarder Struck in Mississauga