Mississauga man charged with first-degree murder in Hamilton shooting
Hamilton Police say they have arrested 27-year-old David Pryce of Mississauga in connection with Hamilton's sixth homicide of the year.
On Saturday, May 30, 2020, shortly before 11:00 p.m., police say they responded to reports of a man suffering from gunshot wounds in the area of 334 East 14th Street on the Mountain.
Police arrived on scene four minutes after receiving the 911 call and located 44-year-old Darren Buskey on the ground bleeding in an apartment complex parking lot.
Officers immediately began CPR and attempted life-saving measures until Hamilton Paramedics quickly arrived on scene and assisted police. The victim was transported to the Hamilton General Hospital by ambulance.
Medical staff continued the life-saving attempts, however, the victim was pronounced deceased just before 11:30 p.m.
Major Crime investigators worked throughout the weekend conducting numerous interviews and canvassing East 14th Street as well as the apartment building.
Witnesses were co-operative and officers were able to access various pieces of video surveillance.
As a result of reviewing the video evidence and speaking to numerous witnesses, Hamilton Police say they were able to identify Pryce, who is a resident of Mississauga, as the person responsible for Buskey's murder.
Based on the evidence, investigators say they are satisfied there was premeditation involved in the murder. Police say that Pryce and Buskey were known to each other through their involvement in the "drug subculture."
Pryce has been charged with first-degree murder and appeared at the John Sopinka Courthouse Monday (June 1) morning.
He is scheduled to next appear in court via video on June 9.
Hamilton Police say they are not searching for anyone else in relation to this case.
Anyone with information related to this case is asked to contact Detective Ross Johnson by calling 905-546-3827.
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit anonymous tips online at www.crimestoppershamilton.com.
- Hamilton youth arrested in connection to fatal stabbing of Peel man
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- UPDATE: Police are urging witnesses of shooting involving seven-year-old boy in Hamilton to come forward
- Police Asking For Help To Locate Two Suspects Wanted For First-Degree Murder
- Police Arrest Woman in Connection with High-Profile Murder Investigation
- Free bicycles available for Malton students who need them in Mississauga
- Skies will be clear in Mississauga for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Mississauga driver stopped three times for excessive speeding: Peel police
- Mississauga restaurant ordered to pay $40,000 to sexual harassment victim
- Passengers aboard several early-August flights to Pearson test positive for COVID-19