Mississauga Man Charged with Attempted Murder
A 34-year-old Mississauga man has been charged with attempted murder after stabbing two people in their Clarkson-area home last night.
On Oct. 10, police were called to a residence on Bonnymede Drive around 9:30 p.m. to investigate reports of a serious assault.
Peel police Const. Mark Fischer said a man and a woman were stabbed during an altercation with a third male party.
One victim was a 49-year-old male and another was a 57-year-old female. The third person, Alexander Wielgosz from Mississauga, has been charged and is being held for a bail hearing today.
Wielgosz was charged with a host of offenses, including one count of attempted murder, two counts of possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose and one count of aggravated assault.
The male victim sustained serious but non-life threatening injuries and was taken to local hospital. The female victim sustained minor injuries and was also taken to hospital.
The suspect was arrested later that night at about 10:15 p.m.
He was a casual acquaintance of one of the victims.
The 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau is currently investigating the incidents and asking anyone with any information to please come forward. If you know anything about the incident that you would like to share with police, contact the Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-2121 ext. 1133
- Here's what you need to know about the new regulations for airlines
- Walmart opens brand new facility in Mississauga
- A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault
- VIDEO: aftermath of fatal crash in Mississauga
- Popular gourmet American doughnut shop opening first Ontario location in Mississauga
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Mississauga
- Man Arrested Two Years After Attempted Murder Incident in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Two Charged with Attempted Murder After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Help in Attempted Murder Investigation in Mississauga