Mississauga Man Charged in Toronto Gunpoint Robbery
Three men - including two from Mississauga and Brampton - are facing charges in connection with an illegal gaming house robbery in Toronto.
The incident took place on Feb. 9, 2018.
Toronto police allege an illegal gaming house was operating in the Finch Ave. W. and Weston Rd. area.
A man, posing as a customer, entered and interacted with customers at 10 p.m.
Shortly afterwards, two men entered -one armed with a handgun - ordering customers and employees to the ground.
Their wrists were duct-taped behind their backs, say investigators from the hold-up squad.
Three men took off with cash.
The customers eventually broke free, fled, and a 28-year-old woman contacted police.
A third suspect was arrested on June 28.
Raymond Ellis, 28, of Brampton, is charged with three counts of robbery with a firearm and three counts of forcible confinement.
Two suspects were handcuffed back on Feb. 21.
Jevanny Walters, 25, of Scarborough, is charged with three counts of robbery with a firearm and three counts of forcible confinement.
Walters is scheduled to appear in a Toronto courtroom on July 18.
Colin Walters, 27, of Mississauga, is charged with robbery with a firearm and forcible confinement.
He’s also scheduled to appear in a Toronto courtroom on July 18.
File photo courtesy of Toronto Police
- Three Mississauga residents, including two teens, facing charges in connection with violent bank robbery
- Brampton man and 14-year-old face charges in connection with violent bank robbery
- Mississauga Man and Teen Arrested in Connection with Toronto Robberies
- Four Mississauga teens charged in connection with armed robbery at Brampton pharmacy
- Three Mississauga residents charged after police break up illegal gaming house
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario
- Police searching for suspects after church vandalized in Mississauga
- Police on scene for reports of suspicious package in Mississauga
- Cheese, ranch seasoning, mangoes and more recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario