Mississauga Man Charged After Guns Seized by Police
Two Peel men are facing charges following a police investigation.
Peel police recently announced that the force's Street Crime Gang Unit concluded a firearms investigation that resulted in the seizure of two guns and numerous charges.
Police report that on Tuesday, May 30 at approximately 3:55 p.m., the Street Crime Gang Unit and tactical officers stopped a vehicle in the West Drive area in Brampton. Police say a loaded firearm was discovered inside the vehicle, along with drugs.
As part of the investigation, a search warrant was subsequently executed at a Mississauga residence. During that search, another gun was seized.
Police report that 27-year-old Mississauga man Rushsean James and 21-year-old Brampton man Dwight Bernard-Christie were arrested and charged with numerous offences, including unauthorized possession of a firearm, careless storage of a firearm, possession for the purpose of trafficking and more. James is also facing dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and flight from police charges.
James and Bernard-Christie have been held for a Special Bail Hearing.
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
- Five facing numerous charges after police seize guns and drugs in Mississauga and Brampton
- Two Brampton men facing charges after police seize drugs and firearm
- A takedown by Peel police tactical unit leads to gun, weapon charges against two men
- Brampton police investigation leads to 5 people facing firearms, kidnapping charges
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant