Mississauga Man Charged After Guns Seized by Police
Two Peel men are facing charges following a police investigation.
Peel police recently announced that the force's Street Crime Gang Unit concluded a firearms investigation that resulted in the seizure of two guns and numerous charges.
Police report that on Tuesday, May 30 at approximately 3:55 p.m., the Street Crime Gang Unit and tactical officers stopped a vehicle in the West Drive area in Brampton. Police say a loaded firearm was discovered inside the vehicle, along with drugs.
As part of the investigation, a search warrant was subsequently executed at a Mississauga residence. During that search, another gun was seized.
Police report that 27-year-old Mississauga man Rushsean James and 21-year-old Brampton man Dwight Bernard-Christie were arrested and charged with numerous offences, including unauthorized possession of a firearm, careless storage of a firearm, possession for the purpose of trafficking and more. James is also facing dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and flight from police charges.
James and Bernard-Christie have been held for a Special Bail Hearing.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Police Chasing Rogue Swan in Mississauga
- Top 5 Under the Radar Fish & Chip Joints in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection With Drug and Firearm Offences
- Peel Police Seize Loaded Gun and Large Quantity of Drugs
- “Armed and Dangerous” Man Facing Firearms Charges in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Arrested, Drugs and Firearm Seized