Mississauga man arrested after vehicle fatally strikes woman in mobility wheelchair
The investigation into a fatal hit and run in the area of Dixie and Lakeshore Road East has led to one arrest.
Around 6:40 a.m. on Friday, January 31, 45 year old Mississauga woman Penny Cousard was operating an electric mobility wheelchair north on Dixie Road in the southbound bicycle lane.
“The driver of a 2014 black Honda Civic with Ontario licence plates CKCX 123, was travelling southbound on Dixie Road when they struck and killed the victim and proceeded to leave the scene,” police say.
The vehicle was later recovered in the area of Ogden Avenue and Lakeshore Road East.
The suspect, 56 year old Mississauga man Kenneth Buffan, was arrested and charged with Fail to Remain Causing Death and Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle.
He is set to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton today (Saturday, February 1).
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Police identify woman killed in fatal hit-and-run collision in Mississauga
- Police Say Road Rage May Be Factor in Crash That Killed 22-Year-Old Woman in Mississauga
- Man Arrested After Road Rage Incident Involving Firearm in Mississauga
- Woman Arrested After Officer Struck with Stolen Vehicle in Mississauga
- Fire Causing Delays on Lakeshore Road East in Mississauga