Mississauga man arrested after vehicle fatally strikes woman in mobility wheelchair
The investigation into a fatal hit and run in the area of Dixie and Lakeshore Road East has led to one arrest.
Around 6:40 a.m. on Friday, January 31, 45 year old Mississauga woman Penny Cousard was operating an electric mobility wheelchair north on Dixie Road in the southbound bicycle lane.
“The driver of a 2014 black Honda Civic with Ontario licence plates CKCX 123, was travelling southbound on Dixie Road when they struck and killed the victim and proceeded to leave the scene,” police say.
The vehicle was later recovered in the area of Ogden Avenue and Lakeshore Road East.
The suspect, 56 year old Mississauga man Kenneth Buffan, was arrested and charged with Fail to Remain Causing Death and Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle.
He is set to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton today (Saturday, February 1).
- Police identify woman killed in fatal hit-and-run collision in Mississauga
- Man Arrested After Road Rage Incident Involving Firearm in Mississauga
- Woman Arrested After Officer Struck with Stolen Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Say Road Rage May Be Factor in Crash That Killed 22-Year-Old Woman in Mississauga
- Fire Causing Delays on Lakeshore Road East in Mississauga
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Flood outlook currently in effect for Mississauga