Mississauga is Getting a Massive Upgrade
While most people in Mississauga are no doubt happy with how the city runs on a day-to-day basis, no one should be unhappy to hear that the city is about to enjoy a major infrastructure upgrade.
An upgrade to the tune of $1 million, no less.
Alectra Utilities recently announced that it's investing $1,000,000 to rebuild overhead infrastructure as part of the company's efforts to enhance system reliability in Mississauga.
According to Alectra, the three-phase project consists of rebuilding overhead poles along Derry Road between Winston Churchill Boulevard and Millcreek Drive.
The company says the investment is part of an infrastructure upgrade commitment that includes 27 pole rebuilds and replacing 7,360 metres of overhead conductor cable. The first phase was completed last year, and the second and third phases of the project are currently underway with an expected completion date in late November.
Alectra says parts of the system in Mississauga are facing significant pressures due to increased customer demand and a growing number of system components that require
The company says it allocated a significant budget for capital improvements in 2018, including system renewal efforts.
Cover photo courtesy of @idris.yyz
- Mississauga Family Needs Help After Brutal Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy
- Seven Mississauga Residents Charged After Guns and Grenades Seized by Police
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- Police Searching For 13-Year-Old Girl Missing For Two Days
- Multiple Mississauga Schools Affected by Suspicious Incident