Mississauga custodian celebrating $1 million lotto win
Christmas has come very early for a lucky Mississauga man.
OLG recently announced that Christopher Deleon has won a $1 million Maxmillions prize in the September 4, 2020 Lotto Max draw.
Deleon, a 47-year-old married father of one, told OLG that he likes playing several different games and always replays his ticket numbers.
"I was at the store checking my tickets and the last one I scanned was the winner," he said.
"I thought I won $100,000 - then the cashier said, 'No, it's $1 million!'"
Deleon, who works as a custodian, went home and told his wife the good news.
"It's not going to change who I am, but I am so happy!"
Deleon told OLG that he plans to purchase a home with his winnings.
The winning ticket was purchased at Mrs. Convenience on Rathburn Road in Mississauga.
OLG is now accepting in-person prize claims by-appointment-only for customers with prizes of $1,000 or more who wish to claim at the OLG Prize Centre.
- Mississauga Resident Wins Big Lotto Prize
- Mississauga travel agency owner wins $1 million lotto prize
- $1 million lotto prize goes to Hamilton man after kids had to double-check the ticket
- Quebec ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot; $1 million prize won in Ontario
- Mississauga man wins $1 million lottery prize then puts his ticket aside for 30 minutes
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant