Mississauga custodian celebrating $1 million lotto win
Christmas has come very early for a lucky Mississauga man.
OLG recently announced that Christopher Deleon has won a $1 million Maxmillions prize in the September 4, 2020 Lotto Max draw.
Deleon, a 47-year-old married father of one, told OLG that he likes playing several different games and always replays his ticket numbers.
"I was at the store checking my tickets and the last one I scanned was the winner," he said.
"I thought I won $100,000 - then the cashier said, 'No, it's $1 million!'"
Deleon, who works as a custodian, went home and told his wife the good news.
"It's not going to change who I am, but I am so happy!"
Deleon told OLG that he plans to purchase a home with his winnings.
The winning ticket was purchased at Mrs. Convenience on Rathburn Road in Mississauga.
OLG is now accepting in-person prize claims by-appointment-only for customers with prizes of $1,000 or more who wish to claim at the OLG Prize Centre.
- Mississauga travel agency owner wins $1 million lotto prize
- Mississauga Resident Wins Big Lotto Prize
- Quebec ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot; $1 million prize won in Ontario
- Mississauga man wins $1 million lottery prize then puts his ticket aside for 30 minutes
- Mississauga mother celebrating $1 million lotto win
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers
- Rollout of the 18+ mobile vaccination sites can be weeks away in Mississauga