Mississauga custodian celebrating $1 million lotto win
Christmas has come very early for a lucky Mississauga man.
OLG recently announced that Christopher Deleon has won a $1 million Maxmillions prize in the September 4, 2020 Lotto Max draw.
Deleon, a 47-year-old married father of one, told OLG that he likes playing several different games and always replays his ticket numbers.
"I was at the store checking my tickets and the last one I scanned was the winner," he said.
"I thought I won $100,000 - then the cashier said, 'No, it's $1 million!'"
Deleon, who works as a custodian, went home and told his wife the good news.
"It's not going to change who I am, but I am so happy!"
Deleon told OLG that he plans to purchase a home with his winnings.
The winning ticket was purchased at Mrs. Convenience on Rathburn Road in Mississauga.
OLG is now accepting in-person prize claims by-appointment-only for customers with prizes of $1,000 or more who wish to claim at the OLG Prize Centre.
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- VIDEO: Police looking for suspect who burned American flag in Mississauga
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel
- Tim Hortons giving away free coffee
- City plans to rename Mississauga library in honour of Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday