Mississauga, Brampton and Toronto continue to propel Ontario COVID cases
New cases of COVID-19 in Ontario today have slipped below the 4,000 level but infections in Toronto, Mississauga and Brampton continue to account for half of all cases in the province.
Across Ontario there are 3,510 cases today with Toronto having the most at 1,015 and Peel Region with 909. Brampton and Mississauga account for most of the cases in Peel.
Other areas with high numbers are 391 in York Region, 244 in Durham Region. And 206 in Ottawa,
In the past day 24 people have died in Ontario as a result of COVID-19.
- Ontario sees significant drop in new COVID-19 cases today, Peel Region numbers remain steady
- Ontario reports lowest COVID numbers since October as Peel Region stays under 200 cases today
- Peel Region has highest number of new COVID-19 cases in Ontario today
- Peel Region again has the highest number of new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- Cases in Mississauga and Brampton push Peel Region COVID number to record high
- Five-year-old child crossing road on bike in Mississauga dies after being struck by vehicle
- Father of three from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win "couldn’t believe it"
- BREAKING: All Mississauga and Brampton residents over 18 will be able to book vaccine appointments May 6
- Weddings and buffets could be back as early as fall in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three employees of Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19