Mississauga-Area Gymnastics Coach Charged With Sexual Assault
A gymnastics coach is facing charges in connection with an alleged sexual assault against a 15-year-old girl.
Peel police say that earlier this year, investigators were contacted by the victim, a 15 year-old girl from the Region of Peel, to report multiple sex-related criminal incidents that allegedly occurred over a four-year period.
On Friday, Jan. 26, a Canada wide arrest warrant was issued for 28-year-old Scott McFarlane.
On Monday, Jan. 29, McFarlane turned himself in and was subsequently charged with sexual assault, sexual interference, child luring, making sexually explicit material to a person under 16 and indecent exposure to a person under 16.
Police say the accused was an active gymnastic coach in Brampton and Mississauga. He also coached in Oakville, Ottawa, and Western Canada.
Police say he has been suspended indefinitely by Gymnastics Ontario.
Investigators from the Special Victims Unit believe that there may be more victims and/or witnesses and are asking anyone who had contact with the accused to contact the Peel Regional Police Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Former Peel Hockey Coach Charged in Multiple Historic Sex Assaults
- 73 Year Old Mississauga Man Charged with Sexual Assault
- Hamilton man accused of making threats and sexual assault; police believe there are more victims
- Mississauga High School Teacher Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Male shot in Mississauga, taken to trauma centre
- Police advising motorists to watch out for rogue cow in Milton
- One arrested after loaded firearm found in Brampton
- Mangoes recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario due to Hepatitis A
- This popular all-day breakfast and lunch spot is coming to Brampton