Mississauga-Area Gymnastics Coach Charged With Sexual Assault
A gymnastics coach is facing charges in connection with an alleged sexual assault against a 15-year-old girl.
Peel police say that earlier this year, investigators were contacted by the victim, a 15 year-old girl from the Region of Peel, to report multiple sex-related criminal incidents that allegedly occurred over a four-year period.
On Friday, Jan. 26, a Canada wide arrest warrant was issued for 28-year-old Scott McFarlane.
On Monday, Jan. 29, McFarlane turned himself in and was subsequently charged with sexual assault, sexual interference, child luring, making sexually explicit material to a person under 16 and indecent exposure to a person under 16.
Police say the accused was an active gymnastic coach in Brampton and Mississauga. He also coached in Oakville, Ottawa, and Western Canada.
Police say he has been suspended indefinitely by Gymnastics Ontario.
Investigators from the Special Victims Unit believe that there may be more victims and/or witnesses and are asking anyone who had contact with the accused to contact the Peel Regional Police Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Former Peel Hockey Coach Charged in Multiple Historic Sex Assaults
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- 73 Year Old Mississauga Man Charged with Sexual Assault
- Mississauga High School Teacher Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Mississauga health care practitioner facing sexual assault charges
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"