Mississauga-Area Gymnastics Coach Charged With Sexual Assault
A gymnastics coach is facing charges in connection with an alleged sexual assault against a 15-year-old girl.
Peel police say that earlier this year, investigators were contacted by the victim, a 15 year-old girl from the Region of Peel, to report multiple sex-related criminal incidents that allegedly occurred over a four-year period.
On Friday, Jan. 26, a Canada wide arrest warrant was issued for 28-year-old Scott McFarlane.
On Monday, Jan. 29, McFarlane turned himself in and was subsequently charged with sexual assault, sexual interference, child luring, making sexually explicit material to a person under 16 and indecent exposure to a person under 16.
Police say the accused was an active gymnastic coach in Brampton and Mississauga. He also coached in Oakville, Ottawa, and Western Canada.
Police say he has been suspended indefinitely by Gymnastics Ontario.
Investigators from the Special Victims Unit believe that there may be more victims and/or witnesses and are asking anyone who had contact with the accused to contact the Peel Regional Police Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Former Peel Hockey Coach Charged in Multiple Historic Sex Assaults
- 73 Year Old Mississauga Man Charged with Sexual Assault
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Mississauga High School Teacher Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Peel Police Arrest Suspect of Sexual Assault in the 1970s
- The Keg is opening a brand new restaurant in Mississauga
- Police looking for 13 year old last seen in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Province recommends against trick-or-treating in Mississauga
- Top 5 Biggest Parks in Mississauga
- Pre-launch condos now for sale at the ambitious Square One District in Mississauga