Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
Published April 4, 2020 at 7:26 pm
Four people are facing charges following a recent incident in Mississauga.
Around 11:50 a.m. on Friday, April 3, officers conducted a traffic stop in the area of Argentia Road and Winston Churchill Boulevard.
“During the course of their investigation officers located a loaded, modified .22 calibre automatic, ammunition, and a small a quantity of ammunition in the vehicle,” police say.
31 year old Mississauga man Jamal Hill is charged with seven firearm-related offences and a drug offence:
- Unauthorized Possesseion of Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Careless Storage of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Having Care and Control of a Vehicle or Boat with Cannabis Readily Available
Tremaine Whitfield, a 21 year old man from Brampton, is charged with the aforementioned seven firearms-related charges and one count of Fail to Comply with Recognizance.
Niyo Hill, a 21 year old man from Brampton, is charged with the aforementioned seven firearms-related offences and a breach; Fail to Comply with Release Order.
Jade Worrall, a 22 year old woman from Toronto, is charged with the aforementioned seven firearms related offences.
All four were held for bail hearings and will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Saturday April 4.
Photo: Peel Regional Police handoutinsauga's Editorial Standards and Policies