Mississauga man celebrating $1 million lotto win after saying "Yes"
A Mississauga man is $1 million richer after saying "yes" to Encore.
OLG says that Nelu Ralea matched all seven Encore numbers in the exact order in the Jan. 16, 2021 Ontario 49 draw to win $1,000,000.
OLG also says Ralea won four additional smaller prizes on different draws on the same ticket bringing his total winnings to $1,000,014.
Ralea, a 62-year-old accountant, said he went to cash his ticket while out on a Sunday when he got a big surprise.
"I went to cash in my ticket - when I saw $1 million, I couldn't believe it," he told OLG.
"I told my wife, 'I think we won big!'"
He plans to pay bills, take care of family and plan for retirement.
"This is a big light after darkness."
The winning ticket was purchased at Loblaws on McLaughlin Road in Mississauga.
In accordance with government-issued lockdown measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, OLG is currently limiting the number of in-person prize claim appointments at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to only those that require a face-to-face interview.
- Lottery ticket worth $1 million unclaimed in Mississauga
- Quebec ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot; $1 million prize won in Ontario
- $1 million lottery prize was won by a ticket in Ontario on Saturday's draw
- $1 Million Lotto Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Massive Winning Lotto Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- No Pfizer until mid July for adults in Mississauga and Brampton
- 2 winning tickets for Saturday’s $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Photo radar begins in Mississauga next month at these locations
- Two Mississauga 16-year-olds arrested for burning Pride flag
- Hamilton mayor called out by doctors over Board of Health comments