Missing Mississauga Man, 95, Found at Hospital
A missing 95-year-old Mississauga man with Alzheimer's disease has been found on Thursday — after an apparent communications breakdown between first responders.
Cyril Penn was last seen on August 2 at 3:30 p.m. at his Lakeview home near The Greenway and Enola Ave.
Peel police searched the city’s south end overnight for Penn, who also has other medical conditions requiring care.
But it turns out he was in hospital all along.
Sources say Peel paramedics picked up Penn yesterday afternoon for heat exhaustion.
Penn was transported to Trillium hospital.
Police weren’t notified.
Peel paramedics were unable to immediately confirm if they’d found Penn but said they’d look into it.
Officers located Penn at a local hospital at 3:45 a.m., said Peel Regional Police Sgt. Josh Colley.
- Police Seeking Missing Elderly Man in Mississauga
- Peel Paramedics seeking public's assistance in locating missing drugs
- Peel Paramedics Asking Public's Help in Locating Missing Narcotics
- Male and police officer taken to hospital after overnight incident in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Threat Against Hospital in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Mississauga grocery store worker tests positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at long-term care home in Mississauga