Missing Mississauga Man, 95, Found at Hospital
A missing 95-year-old Mississauga man with Alzheimer's disease has been found on Thursday — after an apparent communications breakdown between first responders.
Cyril Penn was last seen on August 2 at 3:30 p.m. at his Lakeview home near The Greenway and Enola Ave.
Peel police searched the city’s south end overnight for Penn, who also has other medical conditions requiring care.
But it turns out he was in hospital all along.
Sources say Peel paramedics picked up Penn yesterday afternoon for heat exhaustion.
Penn was transported to Trillium hospital.
Police weren’t notified.
Peel paramedics were unable to immediately confirm if they’d found Penn but said they’d look into it.
Officers located Penn at a local hospital at 3:45 a.m., said Peel Regional Police Sgt. Josh Colley.
- Police Seeking Missing Elderly Man in Mississauga
- Peel Paramedics Asking Public's Help in Locating Missing Narcotics
- Male and police officer taken to hospital after overnight incident in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Threat Against Hospital in Mississauga
- Peel Paramedics on Scene Following Possible Propane Tank Explosion
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- Mississauga man charged after hate-motivated incident
- Restaurant evacuated due to fire in Mississauga