Missing Mississauga Man, 95, Found at Hospital
A missing 95-year-old Mississauga man with Alzheimer's disease has been found on Thursday — after an apparent communications breakdown between first responders.
Cyril Penn was last seen on August 2 at 3:30 p.m. at his Lakeview home near The Greenway and Enola Ave.
Peel police searched the city’s south end overnight for Penn, who also has other medical conditions requiring care.
But it turns out he was in hospital all along.
Sources say Peel paramedics picked up Penn yesterday afternoon for heat exhaustion.
Penn was transported to Trillium hospital.
Police weren’t notified.
Peel paramedics were unable to immediately confirm if they’d found Penn but said they’d look into it.
Officers located Penn at a local hospital at 3:45 a.m., said Peel Regional Police Sgt. Josh Colley.
- Police Seeking Missing Elderly Man in Mississauga
- Peel Paramedics Asking Public's Help in Locating Missing Narcotics
- Peel Paramedics seeking public's assistance in locating missing drugs
- Woman taken to hospital after being struck by car in Mississauga: Peel Police
- Man reported missing from CVH has been found
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- Pasta, cheese, zucchini, and rechargeable batteries recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario