Milton's Thompson Road South closed in certain sections beginning Monday
A section of Thompson Road South in Milton will be closed for three months beginning Monday.
The first stage of the Town project, which will see construction crews widen Thompson Road South to a 35-metre section four lane crossing, will close the road, between Whitlock Avenue and Britannia Road, until June 11.
Traffic will rerouted via Fourth Line, Regional Road 25 and Britannia Road.
Scheduled work on the project includes a roundabout intersection at Whitlock Avenue and Thompson Road South.
Crews will also install temporary signals at the intersection of Logan Drive and Thompson Road South. The intersection could be modified to a roundabout in the future according to the Boyne Road Network Assessment.
This marks the first of three staged closures on Thompson Road South.
Subsequent road closures will include Louis St. Laurent Avenue to north limit of Whitlock Avenue from June 14 to August 27 and then Whitlock Avenue intersection from August 30 to October 15.
PHOTO BY TRANMAUTRITAM FROM PEXELS
- Road Closures for the Bread and Honey Festival in Mississauga
- Expect delays as Town of Milton begins road construction next week
- Construction project to begin soon in Milton, road closures expected
- Road Closures Planned Due to Art Project in Mississauga
- Road closures, delays ahead for Milton drivers with bridge work set to begin
- Male shot in Mississauga, taken to trauma centre
- Police advising motorists to watch out for rogue cow in Milton
- One arrested after loaded firearm found in Brampton
- Mangoes recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario due to Hepatitis A
- This popular all-day breakfast and lunch spot is coming to Brampton