Milton's Thompson Road South closed in certain sections beginning Monday
A section of Thompson Road South in Milton will be closed for three months beginning Monday.
The first stage of the Town project, which will see construction crews widen Thompson Road South to a 35-metre section four lane crossing, will close the road, between Whitlock Avenue and Britannia Road, until June 11.
Traffic will rerouted via Fourth Line, Regional Road 25 and Britannia Road.
Scheduled work on the project includes a roundabout intersection at Whitlock Avenue and Thompson Road South.
Crews will also install temporary signals at the intersection of Logan Drive and Thompson Road South. The intersection could be modified to a roundabout in the future according to the Boyne Road Network Assessment.
This marks the first of three staged closures on Thompson Road South.
Subsequent road closures will include Louis St. Laurent Avenue to north limit of Whitlock Avenue from June 14 to August 27 and then Whitlock Avenue intersection from August 30 to October 15.
PHOTO BY TRANMAUTRITAM FROM PEXELS
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- It could be weeks before Mississauga sees the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers