Milton man celebrating big lottery win
Vasile-Florian Andrei of Milton has just won $100,000 by matching the last six of seven Encore numbers in the exact order in the January 23, 2020, Lotto 6/49 draw.
Andrei, a warehouse supervisor, told OLG he is a regular lottery player and now plays Encore consistently. “I play the same numbers,” the 32-year-old shared.
According to OLG, Andrei checked his tickets using the OLG Lottery App.
“I saw ‘Big Winner’ and thought it was an advertisement,” he told OLG.
“I checked it again, then got nervous and excited. I turned to my wife and said, ‘I think we just won the lottery!’ and we started cheering!”
According to OLG, he plans on saving his windfall. “We will save some and probably use some for an investment,” he said.
“I am so blessed to share this moment with my wife,” he concluded.
The winning ticket was purchased at Sobeys on Bronte Street in Milton.
Photo courtesy of OLG
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- Mississauga boxing gym defying provincial lockdown orders facing charges by City
- Mississauga and Brampton may have seen last of the lockdowns, says Peel Region's top doctor
- Gun play has police on the scene at Brampton neighbourhood