Milton investing $4.2M to design and build parks in 2021
With a continuing need for shared outdoor spaces in the community, Milton is stepping up financially to expand and enhance its park inventory.
The Town announced Tuesday that its investing $4.2 million this year to design and build parks.
The need for outdoor spaces has proved more important than ever while combating the pandemic and a focus on new park development and park redevelopment will not only be key now, but ensure the needs of families in Milton are met long term.
“Parks are vital spaces for community members (to) get active, socialize and connect with nature,” Milton Mayor Gord Krantz said. “We know parks are beloved places in each neighbourhood.
“That’s why we’re investing in building, upgrading and enhancing these outdoor community spaces to enjoy for years to come, with you and your family in mind.”
The Cobban Neighbourhood Park development and the redevelopment of Moorelands Park are going through the design process currently and public engagement for these two parks is expected to launch later this month.
Six Milton outdoor spaces already the under construction process include Benjamin Chee Chee Park, Coulson Park, Coxe Boulevard Park, Kingsleigh Park, Omagh Park and Sam Sheratt Trail (Drury Park).
With several park projects underway, residents are asked to remain patient as Town crews and contractors work on municipal infrastructure, including parks, when entering or passing a construction zone.
Park development and redevelopment projects are approved annually through the Town’s capital budget. Milton Council approves park projects and budgets through two phases - design approval and construction approval.
For a full list of the ongoing park projects and more information, go to Milton’s park development page at milton.ca/en/arts-and-recreation/park-development.aspx.
TOWN OF MILTON PHOTO
- Conservation Halton increases park fees in Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills
- What's Happening with the High Park-Style Castle Park in Mississauga?
- Mississauga redeveloping park that could be home to a new outdoor skating rink
- A Rejuvenated Park is Set to Open in Mississauga
- Part of Mississauga Park Shut Down
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Six new COVID-19 cases reported at Mississauga and Brampton grocery stores this week
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario
- BREAKING: Province shortens AstraZeneca second dose to 8 weeks in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario