Milton fire department issues safety reminder for Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week

By

Published November 1, 2021 at 10:47 am

The Milton fire department has issued a safety reminder for Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week.

Carbon monoxide, which is often referred to as “the invisible killer,” is an invisible, odourless, colourless gas that is created when fuels like gasoline, propane or methane burn incompletely.

This means that heating and cooking equipment that burn fuel in the home can potentially be sources of carbon monoxide.

As a result of Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week, the Milton fire department is reminding residents to ensure that their CO alarms are properly installed in the correct locations.

They should be installed in a central location outside each sleeping area as well as on every level of the home.  For optimal protection, residents may interconnect all CO alarms throughout the home so that when one sounds, they all sound.

For more information and tips on carbon monoxide safety, click here.

insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies

Related News

advertising