March Break Prompts Massive Number of Passengers at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
It’s officially the weekend, which means March Break is upon us — and quite a few people have gotten an early start on their travelling plans.
According to Toronto Pearson Airport, today (Friday, March 8) is considered to be the airport’s busiest March Break travel day.
Around 5:30 p.m., the airport reported that “operations are normal but busy with 144,000 passengers expected to flow through the airport today.”
We can likely continue to expect a high number of passengers flooding through the airport during the upcoming week as well as next weekend (March 11 to March 17).
The break ends on Monday, March 18.
If you’re also planning to travel with Pearson soon, it’s advised to be prepared for the busy conditions and especially important to check the status and schedule of your flight before heading to the airport.
Residents can also check their flight’s status by directly contacting their airline.
- Passengers aboard flight from Germany to Pearson Airport urged to self-isolate due to COVID-19
- Today expected to be the busiest day of the holidays for Pearson Airport
- Will Pearson Airport Break its Busiest Day of the Year Record?
- Here’s How Many People Are Expected to Come Through Pearson Airport Soon
- Passengers and employees at Pearson airport must now wear masks ‘at all times’
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect