March Break Prompts Massive Number of Passengers at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
It’s officially the weekend, which means March Break is upon us — and quite a few people have gotten an early start on their travelling plans.
According to Toronto Pearson Airport, today (Friday, March 8) is considered to be the airport’s busiest March Break travel day.
Around 5:30 p.m., the airport reported that “operations are normal but busy with 144,000 passengers expected to flow through the airport today.”
We can likely continue to expect a high number of passengers flooding through the airport during the upcoming week as well as next weekend (March 11 to March 17).
The break ends on Monday, March 18.
If you’re also planning to travel with Pearson soon, it’s advised to be prepared for the busy conditions and especially important to check the status and schedule of your flight before heading to the airport.
Residents can also check their flight’s status by directly contacting their airline.
- PHOTOS: A Look at the Glitziest Houses in Mississauga
- Brampton Says Mississauga Might Have to Pay Up if it Leaves Region of Peel
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- When You Do (and Don't) Have to Talk to Police in Mississauga
- Here’s How Much Canadian Home Sales Recently Dropped by
- Will Pearson Airport Break its Busiest Day of the Year Record?
- Here’s How Many People Are Expected to Come Through Pearson Airport Soon
- Passengers Evacuated After Planes Collide at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Expect Delays On the Busiest Travel Day at Pearson Airport
- Numerous Flights Cancelled Following Fire at Pearson Airport