Peel Police Launch Buy and Sell Exchange Zones Just Outside of Mississauga
Are you scared to meet up with that seller you’ve been talking to on Kijiji? You’re not alone.
When people set out to meet with a buyer or seller they've only spoken to online, some are nervous—especially in light of some high-profile (but rare) cases where ordinary transactions turned terribly tragic.
To help mitigate fears and offer protection, Peel police have launched a Buy and Sell Exchange Zone. The zone, which will open on Monday, Nov. 7 at the police's 22 Division station on Hurontario in Brampton, is part of the force's Crime Prevention Week.
Residents who are meeting with someone to either buy or a sell a good they've listed or discovered online are welcome to use designated parking spaces to conduct the transaction. The zone will be comprised of two spots that will be monitored by surveillance cameras.
Peel police are the first department in the GTA to introduce such an initiative.
For more information, click here or call Crime Prevention Services at (905) 453-3311 ext. 4021 to speak with an on duty Crime Prevention officer.
- Police Launch New Buy and Sell Exchange Zone in Mississauga
- This is What Police Are Doing to Make Online Purchases Safer in Mississauga
- Man Violently Robbed Over iPhone Kijiji Sale in Mississauga
- How to Stay Safe When Buying and Selling Online in Mississauga
- Police Warning Residents to Use Special Exchange Zones After Equipment Stolen from Hospital
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- Tech startups can apply for funding and get in front of industry partners with this opportunity
- Canada Post reports more cases of COVID found at Mississauga's Gateway facility