Man Involved in Alleged Assault on Children Arrested in Mississauga
A man who was wanted in connection with an assault on a group of people in a popular tourist area of Niagara Falls was recently arrested in a Mississauga drug bust.
Niagara police report that on August 4, officers launched an investigation into an unprovoked assault on a group of people, which included children, that occurred in the Clifton Hill area.
Police identified two people of interest in connection with the incident, including Jassem Jassem and Salloum Jassem. Salloum Jassem was arrested a short time after the assault and an arrest warrant was subsequently issued for Jassem Jassem.
On Oct. 5, officers received information that Jassem was staying at a Mississauga residence. Police received a warrant to enter the home and discovered one kilo of cocaine, nine pounds of marijuana and approximately $108,050 of Canadian currency while arresting the accused.
Police say further investigation revealed a secondary location associated with the parties in question. Officers searched another area and reportedly found 2.5 kilograms of cocaine, five ounces of heroin, four ounces of MDMA and one pound of marijuana.
Police have seized over $250,000 in narcotics and approximately $200,000 in Canadian currency in total in connection with the investigation.
Jassem has been charged with three counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking, two counts of proceeds of crime over $5000, nine counts of assault with a weapon and possession of counterfeit currency.
Police also charged Dila Bataineh, Ritchard Quast and Jayson McQueen-Brown with drug with counterfeit currency related offences. Salloum Jassem was charged with nine counts of assault with a weapon.
- Man Arrested in Connection With Assault, Human Trafficking and Firearm-Related Offences
- Man Arrested in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in Mississauga
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Man Wanted in Connection with Human Trafficking Offences
- Police Looking For Man Wanted in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in Mississauga
- Peel Police Officer Charged Following Multiple Alleged Assault Incidents
- Two Mississauga men enjoying big lotto wins
- Employee at Mississauga shopping centre tests positive for COVID-19
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 24
- Police investigating jewelry store robbery in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of jewelry store robbery in Mississauga