Man Dies Following Hit and Run in Mississauga
A 36-year-old man has died following a hit and run collision in Mississauga.
Around 11:00 a.m. this morning, police were called to the scene of a hit and run incident involving a vehicle and a pedestrian in the Dixie Rd. and Rathburn Rd. area.
Police say the driver, who witnesses say was driving either a truck or an SUV, did not remain on scene after striking the victim.
Police have confirmed that the victim has succumbed to his injuries.
Dixie Rd. is closed between Burnhamthorpe Rd. E. and Rathburn Rd. E. in both directions. Residents are being asked to avoid the area if possible.
The Major Collision Bureau is currently investigating.
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Dog dragged by car rescued in Mississauga by 'kind-hearted residents,' driver was allegedly impaired
- More Canadians say worst of COVID-19 yet to come as the Delta variant spreads: poll
- Peel Police on scene in Mississauga after cyclist struck by car
- 7 ways we can crush COVID in Mississauga and Brampton