Man Dies Following Hit and Run in Mississauga
A 36-year-old man has died following a hit and run collision in Mississauga.
Around 11:00 a.m. this morning, police were called to the scene of a hit and run incident involving a vehicle and a pedestrian in the Dixie Rd. and Rathburn Rd. area.
Police say the driver, who witnesses say was driving either a truck or an SUV, did not remain on scene after striking the victim.
Police have confirmed that the victim has succumbed to his injuries.
Dixie Rd. is closed between Burnhamthorpe Rd. E. and Rathburn Rd. E. in both directions. Residents are being asked to avoid the area if possible.
The Major Collision Bureau is currently investigating.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- This is Where Mississauga Ranks on the List of Canada’s Most Dangerous Cities
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- What's Open and Closed Easter Weekend in Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations