Man Dies Following Hit and Run in Mississauga
A 36-year-old man has died following a hit and run collision in Mississauga.
Around 11:00 a.m. this morning, police were called to the scene of a hit and run incident involving a vehicle and a pedestrian in the Dixie Rd. and Rathburn Rd. area.
Police say the driver, who witnesses say was driving either a truck or an SUV, did not remain on scene after striking the victim.
Police have confirmed that the victim has succumbed to his injuries.
Dixie Rd. is closed between Burnhamthorpe Rd. E. and Rathburn Rd. E. in both directions. Residents are being asked to avoid the area if possible.
The Major Collision Bureau is currently investigating.
- CLOSURE: Fried chicken restaurant closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Unpopular Opinion: 'Free speech' is not a thing and good riddance to 'Grapes'
- 40 YEARS LATER: Canada’s Biggest Evacuation in History Happened in Mississauga
- Here’s how much taxes could climb in Mississauga soon
- Police offering $25,000 reward for information in Mississauga homicide