Man Dies Following Hit and Run in Mississauga
A 36-year-old man has died following a hit and run collision in Mississauga.
Around 11:00 a.m. this morning, police were called to the scene of a hit and run incident involving a vehicle and a pedestrian in the Dixie Rd. and Rathburn Rd. area.
Police say the driver, who witnesses say was driving either a truck or an SUV, did not remain on scene after striking the victim.
Police have confirmed that the victim has succumbed to his injuries.
Dixie Rd. is closed between Burnhamthorpe Rd. E. and Rathburn Rd. E. in both directions. Residents are being asked to avoid the area if possible.
The Major Collision Bureau is currently investigating.
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- 855,000 vaccines that were to have arrived last week are now in the Canada
- Mayor of Brampton Patrick Brown and wife celebrate birth of baby girl