Man Dies Following Hit and Run in Mississauga
A 36-year-old man has died following a hit and run collision in Mississauga.
Around 11:00 a.m. this morning, police were called to the scene of a hit and run incident involving a vehicle and a pedestrian in the Dixie Rd. and Rathburn Rd. area.
Police say the driver, who witnesses say was driving either a truck or an SUV, did not remain on scene after striking the victim.
Police have confirmed that the victim has succumbed to his injuries.
Dixie Rd. is closed between Burnhamthorpe Rd. E. and Rathburn Rd. E. in both directions. Residents are being asked to avoid the area if possible.
The Major Collision Bureau is currently investigating.
- The Keg is opening a brand new restaurant in Mississauga
- Long-standing laser tag facility shuts down in Mississauga
- Report of man with knife prompts hold and secure at school in Mississauga
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22
- Public health officials urge Canadians to limit contacts again as COVID-19 cases rise