Man Arrested in Connection With Stabbing at Mall in Mississauga
Police have arrested a man in connection with a 2017 stabbing in Mississauga.
Police say that on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, at around 7:30 p.m., there was report of a fight at 6677 Meadowvale Town Centre Circle in Mississauga.
"Officers arrived on scene and located three male victims suffering from stab wounds," said police in a recent statement.
Heidrah Shraim, 22, of Mississauga was transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
The other two victims had non-life threatening injuries.
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018, police arrested 29-year-old Shayne Beals for manslaughter.
The suspect was allegedly found in possession of a significant amount of cocaine, and was additionally charged with possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking.
Police say Beals was held pending a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Thursday, February 1, 2018.
Anyone with information relating to this investigation is asked to call investigators at the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting Peel Crime Stoppers online or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
Editor's Note: The original version of this story didn't state the cocaine possession is an allegation. None of the charges against the suspect have been proven in court. We regret the error.
- Police Arrest Homicide Suspect in Connection with Mall Stabbing
- Police Searching for Man Wanted for Murder in Mississauga
- Six Arrested, Two Pending Arrest for Possession of Massive Amounts of Illegal Drugs
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection with Drug and Gun Investigation
- Police Arrest Teen in Connection with High School Stabbing in Mississauga
- Employee of Metro in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Three employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- OPINION: Here's what I experienced at The Credit Valley Hospital drive-thru COVID-19 assessment centre in Mississauga
- Peel Regional Police assisting OPP with investigation into shooting in Mississauga
- Mississauga votes to allow Hindu temples to temporarily broadcast hymns