Man Arrested After Five Women Allegedly Sexually Assaulted on GO Transit
A Milton man is facing charges in connection with five alleged sexual assaults that targeted five women on GO Transit.
Four of the victims are from Mississauga.
Peel police say the service's Special Victims Unit and Metrolinx investigators have been working on a joint investigation into the alleged assaults.
Police say the five incidents took place while the victims were travelling on the GO train between Union station and Milton station.
According to police, a 41-year-old Milton woman was assaulted on June 17, 2018, a 28-year-old Mississauga woman was assaulted on Aug. 1, 2018, a 36-year-old Mississauga woman was assaulted in October 2018, a 23-year-old Mississauga woman was assaulted on Nov. 21, 2018 and a 20-year-old Mississauga woman was assaulted on Feb. 14, 2019.
Police say the victims were not injured and did not require any medical assistance.
Police say that on Monday, April 1, 2019, 43-year-old Milton man Mizanur Rahman was arrested and charged with five counts of sexual assault.
The accused was released on a promise to appear and will appear in court on Monday, May 6.
Anyone with information relating to this investigation are asked to call investigators from the Special Victims Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Man Arrested Following Alleged Sexual Assault at Mississauga Tanning Salon
- Mississauga Tanning Salon Co-Owner Charged With Numerous Sexual Assaults
- Police Identify Suspect After Series of Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
- Hamilton man accused of making threats and sexual assault; police believe there are more victims
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Mississauga, Brampton residents will have to stay home two more weeks, outoor activities begin June 2
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Alternating the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines causes frequent mild to moderate symptoms but safe
- Greyhound Canada to stop servicing Ontario and Quebec, halting all Canadian operations
- Police searching for people who fled vehicle after crash in Mississauga