Male Critically Injured in Highway Collision in Mississauga
A male patient is being treated after a crash this afternoon in Mississauga.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reports that a cement truck rolled over on the ramp from Highway 401 westbound to the 410. The vehicle is in a ditch.
One male in his 30s was critically injured in the crash. Paramedics and air support were called to the scene, Peel Paramedics reported around 2:15 p.m.
The patient is being transported to a trauma centre in Toronto.
The ramp is closed for the investigation and is expected to remain closed for most of the afternoon, Schmidt reports. Traffic is being redirected.
Photo courtesy of Peel Paramedics
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Dog dragged by car rescued in Mississauga by 'kind-hearted residents,' driver was allegedly impaired
- More Canadians say worst of COVID-19 yet to come as the Delta variant spreads: poll
- Peel Police on scene in Mississauga after cyclist struck by car
- 7 ways we can crush COVID in Mississauga and Brampton