Male Arrested in Connection to Officer Struck by Vehicle
Police have made an arrest following a crash where an OPP officer was struck by a vehicle this morning.
“A male has been arrested in relation to the investigation,” said Const. Mark Fischer.
Earlier today, OPP officer PC Patrick Chatelain, with four years of service from the Port Credit detachment, was taken to a Sunnybrook in serious condition "as the result of a traffic stop" at Hurontario and the 403, said Peel Regional Police. The driver fled the scene.
At around 4 p.m., police reported that the suspect vehicle, a charcoal grey Chrysler 300 with black rims and Quebec license plate FLK8756 was located in the area of Trailwood Dr and Hurontario St, unoccupied.
Chatelain has been out of the hospital, set to make a full recovery, as of around 5:30 p.m., said OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
The arrest was confirmed by PRP as of around 7:30 p.m. this evening.
“This needs further investigation prior to charges being laid,” said Const. Fischer.
We will provide updates as they become available
- Suspect Vehicle Located, Driver Missing After Officer Injured in Crash This Morning
- OPP Officer Struck by Vehicle on Hwy 403 in Mississauga
- Major Ramp Closures After Officer Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Identify Man Accused of Hitting and Dragging OPP Officer in Mississauga
- Peel Police Officer Arrested Again Following Dispute Just Outside of Mississauga