Major Restaurant Chain Getting Huge Makeover
It's always interesting to see what a well-known space could look like in the not-so-far future.
A major family restaurant chain is gearing up for a big change in Mississauga and beyond with a new, modern design, hoping to attract a younger generation of customers, according to Strategy.
New design concept testing continued recently in Barrie, Ont. after studies on locations in Lindsay, Ont. and Dieppe N.B.
Cara Operations (who operates Swiss Chalet and other big restaurant brands) plans to implement the Barrie-style concept in restaurants across Canada over the next few years with about 20-30 stores getting upgrades per year.
So, what does this youth-friendly design entail?
Well, Swiss Chalet locations will soon have three sections: a dining room, a "fast-casual express section" where customers can order over a counter, grab their food, and go, and an area for takeout.
Everything is getting a modern upgrade -- there will even be high-top seats, a bar area, and more televisions, similar to almost any casual dining chain that's not entirely focused on families and seniors.
It's true that Swiss Chalet's decor can seem dated and very family- and senior-oriented.
New menu options, plateware, and staff uniforms are also part of the new concept.
As for menu upgrades, the restaurant giant plans to have more health-conscious options like a veggie-based power salad and sriracha honey brussels sprouts, and twists on classic items like a taco poutine with rotisserie chicken, and deep fried mac and cheese balls.
But the big question on everyone's minds is this -- will the chalet sauce remain?
(All renderings courtesy of Strategy)
- Mississauga Family Needs Help After Brutal Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy
- Seven Mississauga Residents Charged After Guns and Grenades Seized by Police
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- Multiple Mississauga Schools Affected by Suspicious Incident
- Police Raising Alarm After Shocking Number of Pedestrians Killed in Under 24 Hours
- You Can Now Get Poutine at This Major Restaurant Chain
- Is This Major Restaurant Chain Shutting Down Locations in Canada?
- A Major Restaurant Chain is Now Making A Very Interesting Dessert
- Major Restaurant Operator Increases Prices After Minimum Wage Hike
- Brand New Casual Dining Restaurant Opening in Mississauga